Monday 21 July 2014

When life does a 180...

What do you do when something happens to you that makes you reasses your entire life?
Here I was busy living my life happily finding help to the no sales blues. ( Needed new covers and bit more editorial work done) when life hit a pothole. Both hubby and I are unemployed, our savings is running out. We have a 16 month toddler. I'm doing my damdest to see to her while being supportive as well get my writing done and out there when hubby finally snaps.
There some things in life that you know no matter how hard it is you will not tolerate or even accept. Well for me its violence. Only after marrying my hubby did I learn of his previous violent incidents and I always told him that the day he lays a hand on me, I will leave. Well the day has come and gone all I can say is thank god I was at my mums home when it happened and that she was there. He punched me 3 times in the face while I was carrying my little one and if my mum hadn't been there and stopped him, he would have continued.

So now I've walked away, busy getting a protection order finalised and because I've 'left' him. He wants a divorce. So I guess I will have to deal with that as well. I am lucky my mum has given me a place to stay and helping out with baby, I managed to get a temporary part time job. So that will help, but it also means that the writing has come to a virtual standstill.
But I have been slowly redoing the covers. By the end of this weekend I'm hoping to have the next cover done. Then the edits.

Life has totally changed.While I battle with the nasty emotional blackmail and other things my hubby is throwing at me, my daughter and my writing dreams are keeping me sane.

All I know for is that no one believed I would leave him or be so adamant about this issue. My belief is once is enough because violence just leads to more violence and I have dreams and a child whose life is in my hands and I would lay down my life for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment